Singing for Randy – Barbershop Spectacular
June 2 at 3:00 pm - 5:30 pm
The biggest barbershop show in Chicagoland since the 1980s sponsored by the Brotherhood of Harmony chorus to benefit the family of our member, Randy Rogers, who died at age 54 in mid-February after battling lymphoma.
Amazing Talent: The 4 best men’s quartets in Illinois and two of the best choruses in the state
- After Hours – 3rd place International quartet – gunning for 1st place in July, in Orlando
- South of Normal – 1st place Illinois District, qualified for 2018 International contest
- OMG – 2nd place Illinois District, qualified for 2018 International contest
- The Committee – competing in May in WI, hoping to also qualify for International
- Choral-Aires Chorus – 8th place chorus, Sweet Adelines International contest
- Sound of Illinois Chorus, Bloomington – qualified for 2018 International contest
Show ticket prices
- Admission to show: Regular seating = $25; prime seating $30
- This is a benefit show – no discounted tickets for seniors, youth or veterans
Tickets available in multiple ways
- Through a member of the Brotherhood of Harmony. Simply call your contact, order your tickets and pay him.
- Call the Brotherhood’s hotline at 708-646-2051. Leave your ticket order, your name and number. You will receive a return call.
- Go to the chorus’ website (brotherhoodofharmony.org), look on the homepage at the bottom left under the “Barbershop Spectacular” graphic. Click on “More Info.” You may order and print tickets online from this site using PayPal or your credit/debit card.
After the show: “The AFTERGLOW” -- time for more singing and refreshments!
Location: Holiday Inn, 860 W. Irving Park Road, Itasca (4 minutes from Medinah Baptist Church)
Time: 6-10 pm
Admission: $10 sold online, in the show lobby at the church, at the Holiday Inn
Talent: Show quartets and other men’s and women’s quartets that have been invited
Cash bar: Drink tickets at the Holiday Inn for soft drinks, beer, wine or mixed drinks
To submit an event to the Illinois District calendar, click here.