- This event has passed.
Chicago Metro Chorus Novice Quartet Contest
March 29, 2014 at 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm$40
The Chicago Metro Chorus is sponsoring its first of what they hope to make an annual Novice Quartet Contest Saturday, March 29th at 1 PM at St. Peter's United Church of Christ, 8013 N. Laramie in Skokie, Illinois.
- A Novice Quartet can have up to 2 members who have EVER competed in ANY quartet at a district or International level.
- Only one of those two may have competed at the International level.
- All members of the quartet must be members in good standing of the Barbershop Harmony Society. (In other words, your dues MUST be paid.)
- You DO NOT need to be a registered BHS quartet to compete here... in fact, we are encouraging quite the opposite.
- Each quartet will sing 2 songs of any style and they are to be performed a cappella (without instruments).
- Judging will be based on the quality of singing as a quartet in regards to tuning, synchronization, and entertainment.
This contest will be limited to the first 15 quartets that register and pay the entry fee. If you register and fail to pay the fee promptly, your spot may be given to another quartet that fulfills both requirements. Prizes will be awarded to the members of the top 3 quartets and for the top ALL novice quartet.
Click here to download the registration form. The entry fee is $40.00 per quartet and will be used to cover the cost of the facility, stipends for the judges, and other overhead costs. Any additional funds will be donated to the Illinois District’s Youth in Harmony fund.
Get your entry in immediately -- the contest is limited to the first 15 quartets!
To submit an event to the Illinois District calendar, click here.